Planning a successful event means never losing track of its lengthy to-do list – and that is exactly what our Logistics Committee does. They keep the balls rolling and ensure that the team is a well-oiled machine.
Full of life and a passion for the mission of Children of Bellevue’s programs, Judy has been part of this event for more than a decade. Her dedication to its success is unwavering — and if you dine with Judy, you’ll learn that her appreciation of good food is too!
- Why did you get involved with the Toast to the Children event? I have been involved with the Toast since probably 2000 and was the Co-chair from 2006-2009 and glad to be back working with some great co-chairs this year.
- What is your role and how are you personally contributing to the event’s success? I am helping with logistics, organizing the volunteers and working with Riverpark. I am supporting Jocelyn Farmerie and Paul Grecco to make sure the wonderful restaurants and wines shine and are enjoyed by our guests. The great thing about this event is that everyone’s contributions make a difference to its success.
- What is your favorite NYC bar or restaurant recommendation? I have to go with Riverpark! The service, view and staff are one of the best in the city!
Although new to The Big Apple, Deborah is taking a big bite out of it by volunteering with nonprofits like Children of Bellevue. Her passion is providing pro-bono service to help causes raise money and awareness so they can continue their mission of serving communities in need.
- Why did you get involved with the Toast to the Children event? I got involved with Toast last year when I was introduced to Children of Bellevue by one of the Board Members & friend, Judy Keating. I was new to NYC and thought it was a great way to meet people and put my skills and passion for volunteerism and child advocacy to good use. And, I love food!
- What is your role and how are you personally contributing to the event’s success?I float around and help out with different Toast projects from helping promote Children of Bellevue using social media & design to planning and volunteer recruitment with the Logistics Team. The work is fun and it’s a great group of volunteers and board members working together for five months to make this such a hugely successful event. I really enjoy working the event and watching the fruits of our labor come to life – people have a great time and the food and wine selection is NY’s finest.
- What is your favorite NYC bar or restaurant recommendation? Of course Riverpark is amazing and I’m super excited that Toast will be there again this year. I feel that I’m still in the exploratory phase of searching out great restaurants – there are so many. I must give a shout out to some great neighborhood hot spots – Tanzen has incredibly fresh sushi and delectable rolls, ‘cesca for their wonderful selection of Italian wines and authentic cuisine, and you can’t beat the turkey burgers, sweet potato fries and the huge beer selection at the Amsterdam Ale House.