Lindsay Feinberg wrote the following post after last year’s Toast to the Children event on her blog – The Lunch Belle. It truly captures the elegance and purpose of the event – and the photos are fantastic.
(Thanks Lindsay for contributing!)
Gorgeous sunset views of the East River courtesy of Riverpark – live music – a silent auction strewn with the world’s most delicious and luxurious items – Dana Cowin – Tom Colicchio – Gail Simmons – Top Chef “cheftestants” – a Zyr Vodka bar – wine and beer tastings – heavy hors d’oeuvres provided by a slew of NYC’s most famous restaurants: Barbuto, Blue Smoke, Colicchio & Sons, Hearth, Frankies Spuntino, The Hurricane Club, Lincoln, Pearl Oyster Bar, Perilla, Porterhouse NY, Public, Riverpark, & Jacques Torres Chocolate …
Last night, the 15th Annual Children of Bellevue’s “Toast to the Children” gala was held at honorary chair, Tom Colicchio’s, gorgeous waterside restaurant, Riverpark. Vital funds were raised on behalf of the Children of Bellevue, an organization which “…delivers critical growth and development programs and services to ensure that children and their families, most of whom come from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds, have access to resources and knowledge deemed vital to raising happy, strong, and healthy children.”
The Children of Bellevue’s five core programs are:
- Reach Out and Read, which promotes literacy
- The Video Interaction Project, helping parents play “smarter” with their kids
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, helping hospitalized pediatric psychiatric patients participate in important, normalizing experiences during their stay
- Child Life Developmental Services, helping children in the hospital overcome their fear and pain
- The Frances L. Loeb Child Protection and Development Center, helping attend to the unique needs of physically and sexually abused children
Please enjoy some of my favorite snapshots from what, truly, was a magical evening – all in the name of charity.
Riverpark’s outdoor terrace diningZyr Vodka’s “Vodka Luge”Inside RiverparkSilent auction tablePol Roger Champagne, VIP roomPublic Restaurant’s Brad Farmerie presented these yummy venison slidersBarbuto’s Jonathan Waxman & team construct swordfish tostadosRiverpark: beef brisketThe Hurricane Club: spicy hamachi-topped crispy rice cakesColicchio & Sons: rhubarb & marscapone tartJacques Torres ends the evening on a “sweet” note